A question matrix will help you think of questions that will require more than one word answers. It helps you make interesting questions. (open ended questions)
Key elements to think about…
- Think of your topic.
- Look at the words going down the side of the page to choose the first word of your question.
- Then look across the top of your page and choose the second word to make up your question.
- Now complete the rest of the question, relating it to the topic that you wanted to find out about.
- more than one question can be placed in each box
- several questions build around a theme
- can students spot the questions asked in previous lesson sequence where we introduced each different types of natural disasters? Where are they on the matrix?
sample bushfire question matrix