lee's classroom

(another MPPS global2.vic.edu.au weblog)

Welcome to 2017

| 1 Comment

Welcome to a new year and a new class in a new year level.

To be begin, with attached is the year 3/4 handbook for parents. This document was presented at the information session last week and includes details relating to various aspects of the up coming school year. It covers areas such as curriculum, the eConnect program, MPPS blogs, expectations around student behaviour, home learning, camp, sport, clubs and activities.

3-4 Handbook

Please read through this handout to familiarise yourself with the various aspects of your child’s school year. Shortly I will be posting a yearly overview to give you a snapshot of the curriculum for this year.

Any follow up questions on the handbook, or on how your child is settling in, please feel free to contact me. If you wish to make an appointment your child has my email address in their diary or I am available most mornings from 7:45. The afternoons can be a little bit more difficult as on Tuesdays and Wednesdays I’m in meetings from 3:30 to 4:30. Otherwise I look forward to meeting you at the parent teacher exchange night on the 28th of this month.

I’ve already meet several parents over recent and at the parent information night. For parents who haven’t met me, or may not know me, this blog will give you an introduction to my work at MPPS. Teaching is a late career for me and this is my ninth year at our school. In my time here as well as being a class rooom teacher I have the eLearning Coordinator and the 5/6 Team Leader. While for the last few I have been working in the 5/6 team I have taught in 3/4 several times and if you dig deep you’ll see posting on this site from those times.

This sites will not only feature classroom news and work samples it also contains various pages of information, resources and links for students and parents. I’m currently in the process of  changing some of the pages, such as the editing and proof reading checklist, to be more relevant for 3/4s.

I’m excited to be working with your children this year, the class has settled in well I can already see it is filled with a variety of characters.

One Comment

1. i like the cool poster i think i want one next year!