July 24, 2015
Today letters were sent home to parents of our hockey 7s team. As several members are new to the game the following link will provide an introduction to the rules of the game.
The team’s first day of competition will be at the Western Metropolitan Regional Hockey 7’s Finals at Werribee Hockey Club, Presidents Park Reserve, 413 McGraths Rd, Wyndham Vale on Friday 7th August, 2015. The day will start at 9:30am and finish at 2:30pm.
Big thanks to Ben, Ollie and Flynn for their work in getting the team together.
July 23, 2015
Use this Powerpoint presentation to learn about homophones
Follow this link to work on the homophones activity
(Again thank you Ant)
July 22, 2015
Download the attached document, fill it in and then load it into OneNote.
term 3 2015 unit student learning goals
Remember to refer back to them over the term.
July 22, 2015
The picture is your prompt.
The little ball represents Pluto which, as you’d know from the news, recently had NASA’s New Horizons spacecraft fly by it.
The following is a link to the BTN page on the transist. http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s4274304.htm
July 21, 2015
Thanks Ant for the following BIDMAS questions:
- You buy a guitar for $50 then pay for 5 weeks of lessons at $10 each- what’s the equation and total cost?
- 50 people go to the movies and join 5 of their friends- they each buy a ticket for $10- what’s the equation and how much is the total cost?
- 2 adults take 20 kids go to the movies, which usually costs $10 each, but 6 of them have $2 off discount cards. 4 of them get a drink (which costs $2) and popcorn (which costs $3), while 6 of them get a drink and a choc top (which are $4 each). The 2 adults split the total cost equally between them- how much does each adult pay?- write the equation and solve it. What if the adults had to pay $15 for their own tickets as well?
- Sally wants to use a recipe for a large cake to make a bunch of cupcakes so they can go in kids’ lunches. The amount of sugar usually used in 1 whole cake is 210g, but she’s trying to be healthy so for her batch so she wants to use 50g less sugar in her mix. Sally wants to make 3 times the mixture (2 for friends and one for her family) and put all the mixture into 12 cupcakes. She decides she will ice the cupcakes and makes an icing mixture for all the cupcakes using 80g of white sugar and 40g of castor sugar. How much sugar will end up in each cupcake?
Solve & then turn these into a word problem:
4 + 6 ÷ 2 =
(4 + 6) ÷ 2 =
15 – 3 X 4 + 2 =
(15 – 3) X 4 + 2 =
(15– 3) X (4 + 2) =
(16 – 4 ) X 2 + 8 ÷ 2 + 2=
16 – 4 X 2 + 8÷ (2 + 2) =
16 – 4 X (2 + 8) ÷ 2 + 2 =
(16 – 4) X (2 + 8 ÷ 2) + 2 =
- You can order fish ($15) or steak ($20) at a restaurant. If you are a senior you get $5 off and items on the kids’ menu are $5. Wine is $5 and soft drinks are $2. Create your own stories & equations.