April 29, 2015
Write a reflection of what you have learnt during the Integrated project. Your reflection must include:
- An introduction summarizing the project and what you achieved with your team.
- Three facts that you found interesting or surprising.
- Two understandings you now have.
- One wonder you still have.
Next, refer to your learning throughout the unit (in the whole class, in the year groups, on the excursion and during projects and presentation) and answer:
- What were the most important things I have learnt.
- How did I learn it.
- What am I going to do with what I have learnt.
Final, refer to your unit goals that your created at the beginning of the project write about whether you achieved them and if so how you went about this.
To conclude create a statement that summarizes what you have learnt in both section and section 2.
Look at Grace’s Term Three Project Reflection as a reference:
Like this picture your writing should show a reflection.
April 25, 2015
The ABC and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs have developed Gallipoli the first day: Centenary Edition app. It explores the story of the first day of the Gallipoli Campaign. (The age limit for the app is 12+, please check with your parents before downloading and viewing). There is also a 2009 AFI award-winning documentary, which has no age restrictions.
The free app is available for tablets at the Apple, Google and Windows App Stores, while a youtube trailer is available here.
For non-tablet users, there is Gallipoli: the first day website at abc.net.au/gallipoli.
The app has a detailed 3D map of the Gallipoli landscape that allows you to explore via a timeline. It also features:
- Audio recordings of war diaries of Anzac and Ottoman soldiers
- Video accounts of the landing by veterans
- Video commentary by Australian, New Zealand and Turkish historians
- Personnel records, archival photographs and military trees of some the thousands of soldiers who fought on the day
- Analysis of the broader Gallipoli Campaign
- Recreations of key moments of the day
- Original maps used on the first day, that can be overlaid on the 3D landscape
- 3D models of military hardware
Gallipoli the first day: Centenary Edition is co-production between ABC Television and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs. It was commissioned by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs as part of the Anzac Centenary National Program.
The ABC Splash website also has a list of 10 top resources to commemorate the Anzac Centenary.
April 14, 2015
Tips on getting started:
You’ve been given your sign up codes.
Access the User sign up code link via Login on the home page (use the above link) and follow the easy steps. You will need your diary to write down the username and password you create.
When you have successfully signed up, your name will replace the sign up code.
ONeck you complete the set up you will have quiz modules to work through.
When you commence each quiz, your results and progress will be registered with me. Once you achieve and pass each module you will have passed Digital Licence challenge and I will print your Digital Licence certificate.
March 25, 2015